About Me

My photo
Hey Folks! It's nice to meet you all! My name is Faye Oliver and I've begun a healthy hair care journey along with my sister! I hope you enjoy reading about it :)

Sunday 23 October 2011

Day 2: How's your hair today Faye?

Well.

I don't even know what to say. Yesterday I thought the shedding had stopped and I was loving how thick/reinforced my hair was. Then this morning was a different stupid story. My hair is already thick but right at this moment 3 weeks post relaxer and it honestly feels like I'm about 10 weeks. The biggest thing that upset me was that when i combed my hair it was still shedding. I don't even know if I call it that because they don't have the white bulbs on the end but the shed hair is the length my hair is.
(My hair is layered, the back of my hair is shorter then the front)


Right I'm going to get down to the bottom of this!


Things it could be:

-Doing ApHogee 2 minute reconstructor and then a black tea rinse straight after.
-Leaving the black tea rinse on for half an hour after I had let it steep all night
-I don't really know if my moisturiser is actually moisturising my hair.
-My porosity is out the widow
-I don't really think my deep conditioner was strong enough to moisturise or I didn't put enough on after a black tea rinse and ApHogee so it might be protein overload.
-Stress because I'm stressed out that my hair is shedding.
-Combing my hair to much.
-Stepping outside when my hair was like 95% dry, so still a bit damp (and it's like freezing here).
-Impatience- it's probably going to take a while Faye!

Right thing's I am going to do to rectify the problem:

-Moisturise and seal twice a day!
-Co wash on Wednesday!
-Next wash day use Roux Porosity control shampoo, (my darling sister gave it to me :]) to kick my hair's porosity's ass!
-Next wash day do not do an ApHogee treatment (only every 3 weeks)
-Put more deep conditioner on!
-Not be so heavy handed with the coconut oil (I nearly drowned in the stuff)
-Apply my leave in when my hair is around 50-60-70% dry!
-Detangle using my fingers!
-Not comb too much
-Not STRESS too much
-Leave the black tea rinse on for 10 minutes MAX!
-Do not leave the house until your hair is FULLY DRY!
-Protective styles all the way!

So I'm feeling determined guys! I think the main reason is because my hair's ability to retain moisture is horrible so I'm hoping the Roux shampoo will help with this!

Wish me luck and if you have any suggestions I'd be INCREDIBLY grateful

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment